Thursday, July 14, 2011

Finaly blogging again :-)

It has been awhile. A lot happened, sick horses, VERY busy at the B&B (hurray) a new rescue horse we are fostering for Curly horse Rescue and...another flyby.
Could not use the blog somehow, but Denise set me up again 

We welcomed “Red” at our farm.

He was at the broker lot in PA and not safe so CHR bailed him out and we are fostering him until he finds his forever home. He is doing great, he is a handsome very friendly gelding. Can’t understand how he ended up there and I am very happy we were able to save him.
Then we had a very sick horse, the vet cave him no chance he needed to go to the clinic. But the chances he would not even make it there and die in the trailer was big. He advised to let him go, but he raised his head and gave me a look…So we loaded him up and he stayed 6 days at the clinic. He is back home and happy and almost healthy again, bless god!
Kayla the mare we rescued from MI is not doing well at all. Actually we had the vet at the farm to put her to sleep. I have never seen such a skinny horse in my life. She doesn’t eat or drink and her heaves are BAD! But she talked to me also she was not ready that day. And the vet and I both agreed we tried one more thing for the next two weeks. If she is not improving we will take her out of her misery.
Freedom and I had been riding a lot. He even has been the leading horse in our trail rides at the farm and he did super. My number one horse (from the Netherlands) is usually the horse I use but he has a shoulder injury. So I was very happy Freedom stepped up and did the job.
But two weeks ago I was riding him alone on a trail. We were already on our way back and we trotted and I asked him to lope…..wauw!! before I knew I was smashed in the ground out of breath and in a lot of pain. He just stood next to me grazing..
My husband was furious because I was all by myself and no cell phone service. SO after laying there for awhile I walked back to the barn and called him to pick me up. After a couple of days the pain was getting worse and I could not breath anymore very scary, so to the ER.
Broken rib and very brushed pelvis, sternum and neck.
I am much better now though, actually thinking of riding again ;-)
But since Freedom did not took off when I fell I though, no sting, no snake, no spooky object what is wrong? Today I had a equine massage therapist and chiropractor and he had some painful issues so I hope that is it. I know where to look for now and will check him at least before we go riding.
Well to much to tell this is it for now LOL
Take care everybody I did read all the stories but was not able to comment. But it has been fixed now.

O and everybody who is going to the ABCR convention HAVE FUN and have a safe trip. Wish I could be there, but all those medical bills I can’t do it.

Marion, Hidden Cave Ranch Kentucky

2 comments:

  1. wow! you've had a very busy summer!! it's sounds like it's been very emotional. i hope the rest of the summer is very uneventful for you and your horses :) i just wanted to say that Apple Cider Vinegar either put in the horse's water or added to her grain can sometimes really help a heavey horse. i'm not sure why... though do know that it has all kinds of healthy "side" effects! i've added it to my horse's water for years and hardly had any flies on my farm. all my horses had wonderful silky hair coats and gorgeous feet... i highly recommend trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red looks great, he is lucky you can foster him!
    I agree with the apple cider. I have used it on my old pony many years ago and it was great. It might be wordt a try!

    ReplyDelete