Saturday, February 7, 2009

Boys and Dogs

Ahd and I were very glad to have Ian and "The Girls" (our four Labs) join us on our ride today. For once AhD actually liked having the dogs join him; not once did he aim a kick! The snow was incredibly deep, and AhD was breaking through the snowmobile trail, so we took it easy. It was super to be out when it wasn't biting cold, and the air was fresh and clean. After Ian headed back to the house with three of the four Girls, AhD and I took a different loop, with Grace delighted to follow in our tracks. There were tons of tracks in the woods. My pony is back in his happy, forward groove, and I am loving every minute of it! Oh, speaking of my "pony," AhD grew an inch
sometime in the past few months when I wasn't looking. The cold weather must agree with him.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Susan, I am so happy to see you having so much better luck with your horse lately, I am so glad you took and elders advice and started using a blue blanket, AhD seems to be so much happier with you and doing so well. You must be proud of yourself!!!!!!!!!
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, I have always found that bright colors make my horses happier, not the other way around. Pink probably would not suit my boys though. On the other hand, Koko looks outstanding in the purple show blanket I have, and he loves wearing it. ;)
    Great pics!! AhD is quite handsome and you look like you're having a good time Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, yes, I did have a wonderful time today! I always respect my elders, Harold; my pink blanket is still on loan to Zoe the cat because the blue blanket continues to do wonders for AhD's attitude.

    ReplyDelete