Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Maine-ly FUN!



Valentines Day was family time, not riding time for me, and AhD enjoyed loving it up with my 3 year old niece Layla. We are grooming her to be our riding partner in about 10 years or so.











Sunday's ride was short but sweet. Since AhD is becoming more dog-tolerant ~ it even seemed he enjoyed the company!? ~ I let my bravest Lab Grace accompany us on on our same old "Jason's Loop" trail. The weather was gorgeous! After my ride, my to-be-riding-buddies in Acadia National Park this fall, Sue S and Ulla, visited, and AhD was pleased to be a Curly Ambassador to them. Sue S, who had never seen a Curly in person, was impressed with all of AhD's wonderful attributes, and I was proud of my boy! On Monday, after all the horsie talk on Sunday and after re-reading with great interest Betsy's blogs about "trotting briskly" down the road, I was pining for the same. After starting the ride on Jason's Loop with Grace along, I came back to the barn and gave AhD a Dermal Aid beauty treatment, and then we headed up the road to Back Street for Part II of our ride. It was super seeing the sights I had been missing since last October, and we had our brisk trot and canter on a packed snowmobile trail. We passed a yappy Chihuahua, (ok, I'm a dog lover, but IS there any other kind??), a defensive barking chocolate Lab (Ok,OK, yes the Labs bark too...) and some twirly, shiny deer guards with no problems. What an enjoyable day for both of us. I just love it when AhD seems to enjoy our outings as much as I do.

1 comment: