Thursday, February 19, 2009

Dolly Update


I visited Dolly on Monday. I did some ground work with her and she did very well. She listened to me and was very respectful. I took out the camera, but she wasn't too pleased about that (note her expression in the photo).

After we finished with groundwork, I tied her up to something so that I could scrape more of the snow and ice out of her hooves (due to the weather, every step she took was causing those giant snow-ice balls to form in her hooves). She put her nose to the ground while I was distracted for a moment with a phone call (cellphone, so I was standing right there). She got her leadrope stuck to something several inches from the ground. She pulled hard against it, and I could tell that she was starting to panic. But when I reached down for the leadrope to unhook it from her halter, she actually leaned her head toward my hand/the object slightly, giving those few inches of rope some slack. What a good girl! The latch is a safety latch, so it shouldn't have needed that slack, but it's pretty worn and rough so the slack was good to have. I got her unhooked and she lifted her head and stood there. That was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment