Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Ride 1 Feb 2009




Well here is the classic mane and ears shot, hehe. Sorry bout the manure in the flexing shot, but crap happens, lol. Couldn't talk anyone else to come out and take pics, maybe next time. I suppose I should introduce myself........Dian Williams, owned by curlies since 2002. Live in Northwest Indiana, currently frozen. Right now my curlies are "buck" '06 future gelding, "sunny" pal pinto '04 smoothcoat mini from Ellen B. Then I have "buck's" 3 smoothcoat siblings, they jumped on trailer last Oct when he came ;-) The Palomino in the pic is "sunny" the whole time we were next to the rails in the roundpen he was "picking" on "Buck, jealous brat. "sunny" is broke to ride, but @ 38", hard to find a rider for him. "sunny" is also greenbroke to drive, hope to get him going really well driving this spring/summer.......he is the 4-H pony, I've always gotten alot of compliments on him. More on "buck", he came to me greenbroke, so far I've only rode him twice, once in fall and then Feb 1st, he does great for a young horse. (Hilda Gurney in Dressage Today did an article on riding 2 yr olds in the fall, showed increase in bone density, so I'm hoping that there will be no damage from him being started early, so far he is sound and sane) LOVE reading everyone's blogs and websites, Happy Trails!
Dian

6 comments:

  1. Gotta love that buttermilk buckskin color! He looks like he is completely enjoying being ridden, and is one happy greenie. You must be very pleased with him. Nice lateral flexion on the boot-sniff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Hilda does do an excellent job of research and providing information. You might find nay sayers among this group, but we consistently gently start 2 year olds here, whether it be ground work only, or ground work and a few backing sessions.

    Don't get me wrong, we don't pile on our 2 year olds, and work them like a TB or QH, but their minds at this age, are so much more open and willing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, he looks a LOT like my Sunny! :-) I thought that from the ear/mane look especially. I could have sworn that that picture was of my Sunny. Sunny has the same sort buttermilk buckskin coloring. And a very kind eye too. (though with more white markings) WOW. I can't see from the pic, does he have a blue eye?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he has a right blue eye. He is out of Yellow Hornet bloodlines, I am blown away by their people orientation. He puts up with alot of primping, however he helps cause it by finding every cockleburr on our 20 acres. Dian

    ReplyDelete
  5. just like Sunny. :-) His right eye is blue as well. I'll try to get some pictures this morning, I'm taking him to a friends house for a ride before we get all the nasty mud in a few days.

    ReplyDelete