Saturday, February 28, 2009

"Ride with Me" Sunday?

Hi Everyone!

I promised I would announce the next "ride with me" adventure here on the blog. I'll be honest, I NEED a pick me up! I have not ridden Reese in FOUR weeks. *gasp!* Today, I trimmed his hooves, did his dermal aid treatment and trimmed his bridle path and if this horse could hug, let me tell you, he would have! He followed me around and would not leave my side. I felt so guilty! Gosh, I miss spending time with him. 

SO, tomorrow I am planning a ride and you are welcome to join me via cyberspace! I have to do something to get me jump started again, even if it is riding bareback in the corral like I did today. Our snow is 2 feet deep on the trails now and very hard going. But just maybe we can clear a bit of it if I go slow. At any rate, I was hoping you all might need a little perk in your day too...a little motivation. I am sure you must have better weather than we do! It was -14 here last night. A high of 8 tomorrow, but I think I can handle a short ride.

Anyone game?? Let's say 2:00 EST like before. That seemed to work for many of you.
If you want to ride, come back and report what you did here. It'll be fun to know there are others riding at the same time across the country. Sophie, (in France) please join us too!!!

Denise Conroy 
(denise.conroy@gmail.com)

9 comments:

  1. I hafta work tommorrow :-( But if things work out, we will be riding NEXT Sunday. Dian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben and I will see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be riding with you-this was my planned time anyway-hah!! Have our Horse Masters meeting at 3 pm today, I would highly recommend starting a HorseMasters group if any of you are are in areas where you can gather and meet with other "older" riders. Horse Masters is a division of Pony Club, but for adults. We just started ours this past year and it is a blast. we meet once a month and have a topic to discuss- we have field trips and mounted meetings. We will be having Susan Harris coming this fall for a 3 day clinic in centered riding-we also meet for dinner once in a while-just a totally fun way of sharing our passion-any one interested please contact me and I will be happy to get you info on starting up your own local group-we are the Jockey Hollow Horse Masters of Warwick Ny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise, I had 18 below this morning and sunshine, so I am waiting to get above zero , I figure by 2 it should be nice with the sunshine. I guess that means I will be with you as one of the so called older riders. THanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had such a great time!!! We had spritzing snow and sleet over frozen mud today, definately not a great riding day. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Harold -- did you make it? I can post your note for you if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Denise, I got my Blog fixed =)

    ReplyDelete