Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hello all-this is my first time blogging-hope I am doing this correctly!!  I have really enjoyed reading all your entries.  As many of you know I purchased Denise's  daughter, Tracy's horse Cheyene last Spring.  What a joy he has been for us and such a wonderful addition to our family!! He has been my greatest teacher!  Aside from myself my 7 year old Molly and my 13 year old son Tucker also enjoy riding and spending time at the barn .

One of my goals is to jump and compete bareback.  This past weekend I jumped a course for the first time and my trainer wants me to compete this Sunday in our show-I am a bit nervous, especially because I do usually ride with a pad and they are not allowed in the competition.  The class consists of flatwork, cross rails, and 2' jumps.  I will try to upload the video of my first go round here and would appreciate any tips you all may have to offer!  I will be competing with the best little riders in the barn-all teenagers-which is also daunting-I really am only competing against myself and really want to do it for the experience.  Yea-it worked!!  I will post this and then set to work on one more video of our family and Chy.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, its so nice to see Chy again! Thanks for sharing your video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deirdre, I enjoyed your video and you are inspiring me to try something new with AhD...I am in your age bracket. Have you noticed there are a lot of us? Like a Curly owner mini baby-boomer wave. Maybe I'll try jumping with AhD when the warmer weather arrives. We would be learning together...now that should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete