Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Monday, Monday, so good to me!

Monday, Monday...so good to me! That old song keeps running through my head! Monday morning I had the pleasure of having some visitors here. Our neighbor "Alice" and her visiting sister "Ann" came over for a visit with the horses and a little surprise for Ann.

Last week Alice had asked if, when Ann was here visiting her for a few days, if...we could go riding. Ann had not been on a horse in years, and Alice thought it would be a very special sisterly gift, to book a ride for her on one of my horses. When Alice told Ann of the plan, a day ahead of our ride, Ann said an emphatic NO !!! after all, she was out of riding shape, and had not been on a horse in 15+ years.....ahhhh, all the more reason to go for a ride IMO...LOL

So, they came over, and I saddled my trusty steed "Krinkle Clown" for the gals to ride. Krinkles is a saint in many ways, but she is not a pushover, and if you do not ride with your legs, she will let you know in a very big hurry. I am sure as a young horse, the riders hung on her mouth. I warmed Krinkles up, and turned the reins over to Ann. The ear to ear grin on Ann's face was priceless! She enjoyed this quiet, sensible mount, that was willing to share a moment in time with Ann. She rode for quite a while, in the arena and outside the arena...we are somewhat limited with Krinkles as she still has her fall colt nursing on her, so we limited the riding area close to where Tyler was at.

After Ann's ride Alice took a ride too... Alice had brought her digital, but alas the batteries were dead...so I got all the pics ;-)

1 comment: