Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fun ride with Sunny and RAC awards!

Yesterday I took Sunny up to a friends house for some trail riding. It was really fun, and Sunny did great. I realized when I was loading him that it had been over 8 months since he had had a saddle/bit on and that it would be good to ride him in those two items before the Illinois Horse Fair! He wasn't too pleased at first with this restriction to his freedom, but he quickly got over it and we had a great ride. We rode about two and a half hours (big grin)
When we got back to my friends house I had a little boy up in front of me in the saddle and took him around the grassy area out back a few times. Sunny walked stiff legged at first, which is easy to understand- I was sitting all the way back, basically on top of the back of the saddle, and suddenly this little person is up there too. This was Sunny's first experience of riding double. Jo loved it, he didn't want to get down but since he is a very well mannered boy agreed to do so. I wish I had a picture!!... but unfortunately Dad had the digital camera at work yesterday (sigh)

Today, though there wasn't any riding, was fun for several reasons, one being the mail delivery of the RAC 08 awards! I love the prizes. :-) The horse on the back of the jacket looks like Sunny! It was slightly difficult to choose which horse to make the enbroidery resemble, but Sunny was the logical choice. He is my first Curly and we have been through a lot together. The trophy and ribbon now have honored places in my room, my ribbon walls are getting brighter all the time! I've always joked that I'm glad I'm not a good enough rider to get all blue ribbons, that would make for a boring color scheme. Well... this champion ribbon is among the brightest up there, so I guess I have to revise that statement.
Thank you Denise!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Mighty muddy here in Indiana, so did clean up of horse areas instead. Be sure to take pics next time, I wanna see your "Sunny". :-) Dian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'd love to see a view of you wearing the jacket, with Sunny. Doesn't it feel great to get out after all the mucking and cold-weather chores?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara! I am so glad you like your jacket and that you think it looks like Sunny. One day when you head to college you will have to have your mom make you a big huge quilt, made with all your ribbons. Good job. Congrats to both of you.

    ReplyDelete