Saturday, April 11, 2009

Chip and the cart on Friday








Just a short post this morning, but exciting-- a photo of me (!!!) AND Chip is now officially a driving horse.







Talk about the classic "Curlies Can Do " -- Chip, in one week, has been ridden, worn a collar and work harness and skidded a skoot and stone boat (we still have to try a log in the woods) and beautifully pulled the cart.


Zoe and I took turns in the big ring where he walked and trotted past the group of very nosey mares on the fence, and then went for a stroll down the road. What a guy !













I am hoping for decent weather this Sunday so we can assemble our obstacle course. I have some great ideas, using the CSB list and adding some of my own ideas- which may not be "RAC approved" but will be fun none-the-less.


Enjoy your day -

3 comments:

  1. Chip is obviously one of those super All-Around Curlies; and what a great temperament to igonore the girls while he's working! It's good TO ACTUALLY SEE YOU IN A PHOTO, too. Chip looks very smart in his fancy driving harness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Chip is Amazing and a great poster boy for Curlies in Action.

    Hugs,

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exciting! I hope to officially turn Dolly into a cart horse tomorrow. The cart I'm borrowing is (in a couple of pieces) in the back of my car right now! :D

    ReplyDelete