Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Peaceful Trail Ride and A New Obstacle



Wild swings of weather here but Zoe and I continue to manage our Saturday rides together. We went up and down a trail we have not trotted on in a few years-- so it was fun to see new sights.

Traveling up the hill to get to the trail, right off the bat, another April obstacle opportunity - a motorcycle with the same idea as we have- to get out and enjoy the spring weather.



The trails starts in a field that is
beginning to grow in, then it winds through gradual stages of growth , young trees to mature.
















Some areas are still snowy. This was an easy trail, and peacefully quiet...no real challenges other than a few steep spots.






A couple of wet spots for Keri to paw and splash through.





I have been busy assembling our obstacles.. Yesterday I began construction on my see-saw. This morning, OYY Salvadore kindly tested it out for me in the back of the barn where I am busy building. He just came in from being schooled so Zoe took him over it even though it was not quite finsished. He actually stepped up onto it from the high side but I did not get that on film. I thought this was going to be more of a challenge- I may have to use a larger pole and get the see-saw a tad higher off the ground.


Here's the very short video







I also made a tarp alleyway - OYY My Keri Luna (daughter of Keri and Chip) tested that for me this afternoon.












This is my favorite mini contest :)

Enjoy ~

6 comments:

  1. Love the video! Great ideas and looks like everyone is having lots of fun.

    Best wishes,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salvadore is absolutely cute, cute, cute! And so brave. What an awesome pony. You continue to have the BEST obstacles. Boy does this look like FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BRAVO! So awesome Zoe & Betsy! And of course your lovely & brave equine students as well! Salvadore is SO adorable!!! He looks as proud as can be over his great accomplishment. I think he would go over that all day long. lol. He makes it look easy, which I know it isn't for most horses. LOVE the tarp alley too, wow! You put alot of work into that Betsy --- looks like something you can use for years to come with your youngsters. Very fun! Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan you need to come down, ride with us and try some of our obstacles. Salvadore is a great little guy, he is always so willing to try everything. Today he went on his first trail ride and didn't even bat an eye at anything. We were alone so he didn't have anyone to help him through some of the tricky spots either. He is heading to his first dressage show in two weeks and I know he will do great.

    Tarp alley is great. Since we use so many of the obstacles now year round in training we always need to up the anti and keep the horses thinking and focused. It just makes them that better at riding or driving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great team you must make on Salvadore! Both of you brave and bold. Taxes 'r done...Time to have fun...I WOULD LOVE TO COME DOWN AND RIDE WITH YOU TWO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love OYY Salvadore! :)

    ReplyDelete