Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fun with friends!!!!!!!

Can you tell from the exclamation points how excited I am to be able to ride my Curly with friends?! We all had a good time. Before my friends arrived, I had AhD out to warm him up a bit. It was fairly windy, and I wanted him to realize we were going to be out and about. Here is a beautiful little stream meandering off the trail.My friend Ulla and her daughter arrived with Dozer and Daisy. Harold, I'm sure you are pleased to see that I used the blue saddle blanket on AhD today. I figured, everyone else was a girl, so I would make him stand out as a boy. Oh, right, like he didn't stand out anyway, with all those curls! We started out on Jason's Loop. It was beautiful in the woods.I turned AhD around for this photo op. After Jason's Loop (which was very muddy in places) we headed up the road a piece. We had a nice power walk and a nice stretch of an easy trot. What a heavenly day! Ulla's daughter had never seen a Curly before, and she thought he was VERY cute. (and he was ;)...) - and well behaved, too!

2 comments:

  1. Well Susan, Just how do I get to Jason' loop from here, can't seem to find it in my neck of the woods. What an outstanding looking horse you have with that blanket and saddle, the rest of the horse's must have felt alittle left out in the good looks department!!!! That looks like it was a very nice trail ride with some beautiful country to see. I wish you had our snow.
    Harold and jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harold, head northeast a piece to find Jason's Loop. ":^) It's supposed to rain most of the week, so I'll probably be riding on the back roads until it dries out some.
    Next time, I think I'm going English. I got the "poodle" comment about my horse twice over the weekend, but it didn't sound unkind - actually both times was said with a big smile and an outstretched hand, so I didn't take any offense.

    ReplyDelete