Monday, April 20, 2009

Sailor's Debut







My curly 2 year old gelding, *Sailor Bloom made his show ring debut this past Saturday. The show was a local show but alot of big qh people attend. I put Sailor in the western halter 2 and under and the open western halter. We got first place in the 2 and under class!! I didn't expect to place well considering Sailor is not a western type horse. There was a really nice, halter fit yearling in the class as well. The judge asked me if he was a fresian. I told him, nope, he's a curly! We had to stay at the show for 10 hours so that my trainer's daughter could run barrels. Sailor was a total pro about the whole experience. He never spooked even at the pa system. He didn't nicker or act nervous at all. In fact, he acted better than alot of the seasoned horses there. I got several compliments on him. Nobody could believe he's just 2 and that this was his first show.
















3 comments:

  1. That's so neat! Good job, Sailor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo, congrats Sailor! You're my role model - I am hoping to take my fellas out to shows soon. Keep up the good work.

    P.S. I, too, cant believe Sailor is only two years old. Wow.

    Hugs,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Carrie and Sailor!

    ReplyDelete