Tuesday, April 21, 2009

More obstacles again !


It's school vacation week so neither of us are riding much with the little monkeys around. But we put them to good use, assisting in our obstacle efforts. Here are some photo's of OYY Salvadore walking through what we have set up so far. The umbrella did make him a bit nervous at first, especially when it swooshes open and closed. Zoe stops and puts on the raincoat, then takes it off. This is more fun when in the saddle, which we can do next week.





after the horses have been over the bridge, the teeter-totter is no challenge for them- they just think it's another bridge. Ho-hum.





But, remember- by now Zoe's son has discovered the umbrella and is having fun waving it around and using the "swoosh" feature.



This year's new idea- what I call the SnakePit Alley. Boring again.. I will have to add some edging features, like flags, pinwheels, or balloons.








My new Streamer Walkthrough. I think I am going to cut wide strips from an old shower curtain instead - they will be slightly heavier streamers and rub on the horse more than what I have here now.







The tire is also too easy, as it is a permanent fixture in all the horses' training from the start. To make it more difficult- we'll practice backing them through it.




The Tickle Tube Alley.
As the days are longer now, Zoe rode WR Winter Dancer to her house for evenings rides. Now, we can do our own little version of Denise's "ride with me". Zoe will ride on her side of the mountain-- while I will ride on my side. Sunday, we did just that. I took out OYY Sweet Bee and had a nice quiet exploration. Zoe trotted through her neck of the woods practising some cross country over fallen trees and logs. We are hoping to build a small cross country course this summer.. fun :)
We had probably the BEST Saturday ride of the year over the weekend- I posted lots of photo's of that on my farm blog. Keri and Teasel were both SO up for the ride out and we trotted and cantered almost the entire trek over the mountain and back the other side. Loads of fun !!
Enjoy your day ~

2 comments:

  1. Wow, again you are the most creative person I know. Just love the Streamer Walkthrough idea....and Snake Pit Alley - even the names are creative.

    Hugs,

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your obstacles get better every year; these are super. Your Saturday ride sounded stupendous, and the way you described it made me feel like I was there. Thank you for posting and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK because that way we all get to have a good time through you!

    ReplyDelete