Friday, July 9, 2010

Coping in Canada

Wow, what a stinkin heat wave we are having. The humidity has put us well into the 40's...since most RACers are American the highest I have heard so far in Fahrenheit has been 112. Not fun!! And this girl does not handle that kind of heat very well at all. So, it has been a good thing to be working in the air conditioning.
Linus has been spending his days inside the barn and then I've been putting him outside at night when it is a tad cooler. We're getting a pretty decent thunderstorm right now, if it gets any closer I will have to end this very soon!
Due to the heat Linus and I haven't been able to get up to much. We continue on with his daily hoof handling, what a massive difference that makes. Oh and hose spraying is getting SOO much better too. I have been hosing him down once or twice a day. He went from circling around me to now he stands still almost the entire time. So, I guess we are learning from the heat after all!
Our gorgeous ribbon arrived today from the May mini-challenge. Maybe tonight, but definitely this weekend I will have my husband take our pictures with it. It's so completely awesome that we have such a beautiful ribbon and didn't even leave the farm to get it!!
If the nasty heat breaks this weekend I am going to try to get him out driving again. He was such a great boy last time. He enjoys our outings as much as I do and I am sure that he misses them as much as I do too.
Have a fantabulistic weekend everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment