Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Roads, Fields, and Gardens

As I mentioned on my farm blog, we have been on quite a few enjoyable summer rides along the road lately. My dashing AhD has been very well behaved. I switched bits and am trying out a Mylar comfort bit borrowed from my fellow RAC member Lesly from IL, and I think he offers me more collection now. He has also offered me a buck once and a jump upwards twice as we transitioned into the trot or canter. He ceased each immediately at my sharp vocal reprimand, so the way I look at it, how can we learn if we don’t make mistakes? ;) Other than that, he has been absolutely wonderful! He behaved himself in company when with Gabby the Morgan and Al the Haflinger as we rode along the roads in Poland.

Once, he departed from the walk into a nice springy canter that was a joy to experience!

He was a perfect gentleman when we had to stop on the road to try to solve Ian’s saddle sore problem. All of us dismounted and walked for a time, and AhD didn’t drag behind or walk up on my heels or act like a jerk to get attention. He also stood still during mounting/dismounted and loaded into the trailer like a pro.
Last night, AhD and I went out solo.

We looked longingly at the woods

but instead opted for a visit to one of my favorite local fields



and on to The Secret Garden. I haven’t been to see it since spring, and I was not disappointed. Enjoy the views!













2 comments:

  1. Hello Susan,
    Sounds like you and AhD are haveing a great time of it. Probably oughta go bitless pretty quick Huh?????????? Still wearing that weird hat I see.
    I was called at one in the morning last Sat. for a Kidney Transplant we got to the UOFM at five and waited till evening all ready to go but the lady didn't expire so all organs died.
    next time.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harold, so sorry to hear you missed that kidney and all those organs could not be used by someone in need. What a shame.
    I rode a warmblood in a bitless bridle last year and everything was fine and dandy until she wanted to do something I didn't...then she just pushed right through my hands. Don't think a bitless bridle is in AhD's near future.
    Maybe I need to get a faded red helmet cover for my weird hat so you will like it even better.

    ReplyDelete