Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Ride with Me" Cedarville, Michigan

Greetings from bitter cold Michigan! It reached about 8 deg. here today. I got a late start on my ride because we had a pot luck after Church - and just when I think noone would notice my delay, I get a call on my cell from Diane Robertson! She made it clear I better hurry back and get tacked up to hit the trail with her group in Texas. loL. Thanks for the encouragement, Diane! I was riding by 3:00, whew!
I asked myself, why was I worried about Reese getting through the deep snow?! Man, that horse is a powerhouse in 4WD, fully loaded with a cummins engine too, I am sure of it! He was SO happy to be out on the trail and we had a ball. It was just 45 min., but to me it was a short trip to heaven and back. ;-) I am trying to post one more photo of me on Reese's back, but it keeps uploading sideways. I'll try a bit later again.
Denise Conroy & *Prairie Espresso Dream, aka Reese

5 comments:

  1. Reese is looking very Rasta this winter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! Reese looks great-I give all you cold weather folks SO much credit. I mentioned our ride today in my horsemasters meeting and mentioned how one of our participants was waiting for the -18 degrees to warm up to 0 before her ride-ha!!! There was no more complaining about the cold after that!!! We are also blessed with a huge indoor arena-although I can't wait to ride out doors again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is such a lovely boy! Love all that mane and forelock!! And Wow, what snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Denise, Reese is almost as handsome as Curly boy. Hard for me to admit that.
    I went out to get Curly yesterday and had another horse named Coffee come up to me for attention, that was the first time she has ever done that so I spent a great deal of time talking and petting her neck. Shortened my Ride on Curly but it was well worth it. Thanks for letting me and Curly ride with you.
    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rasta? Michelle what a great word. What does it mean? I hope not fat! LoL. Regal perhaps, stunning, fabulous? HA ha!

    Thanks Deirdre! Yes, it does make riding challenging with the cold AND snow. I failed this year by not keeping my trail open - and Tom's back has been out so he hasn't been able to ride with me to assist the process. When we had 4 horses, it would just take a few times and the trail would be lovely. Ah well.

    Thanks Sheryl! Yes, we have our share. The horses have a path in the corral and hate to go off it because it is so deep. But to take the pic, I moved off the path and was up to my hip! He just HAD to come see me....even inspite of the effort. Too cute.

    LOL Harold...why, I'll take that as a compliment! Your Curly Boy IS handsome indeed! I was so glad first of all to see that you were able to POST a comment again! YAY! AND that you were able to join us on the ride. Coffee sounds wonderful - amazing how they can be so enjoyable on the ground as on their back.

    ReplyDelete