Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mountain Ride

A perfect visit and a perfect ride. ZZ Diamond Rain has been with us for 3 years, in training and her owner and family came to visit this week. After spending time getting to know Diamond again, it was up and out on a long ride. The mountain trail climbs and after two hours one comes to a "Gasthaus" or Inn. There they have a post to tie horses. Lark and Diamond did, of course, a great job, hanging out at the post, while family and all came to join us for a wonderful Wildgulasch (wild elk gulasch) and the kids enjoyed sausages and fries (childrens' portion). After relaxing and enjoying the meal, it was back up in the saddle to make our way down the mountain again. All together 6 hours (the meal took about 2 hours). The weather was perfect, not a cloud in the sky, at the same time not too hot. Comfortable for the horses and the riders. Along the trail, there is a spot where you see a panorama of the alps. Wonderful. Tomorrow, it is off to a clinic with a western trainer, Lark and Diamond are also in the action.

Oh! I took lots of pictures of me with my t-shirt on (I went to various stores, and even a theatre open-air play with my t-shirt). I'll be loading pictures up as soon as things slow down a bit here. Tomorrow, I'll take the camera. And, I plan to ride with a friend up the mountain again soon, and this time I'll take pictures.

Oh! I got a picture! Here we are goofing about on the farm the day before the big ride.


And, here we are getting ready to re-bridle the horses and remount for the ride down the mountain after eating lunch. You can see the big log they have to tie horses! The mares were so good about it. They enjoyed the rest and so did we before the big ride downhill.



Karen

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to ride!! Yoour lunch sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that big log. Adds so much character to the experience!

    ReplyDelete