Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Thinking more about work than my watch

Today was another splendid drive with my mare Legacy.  I noticed today, I was spending my time thinking about my next driving challenge, instead of watching my watch to see if we have worked long enough. Today Legacy and I did a lot of trot work. Legacy is a "road type" driving horse. In the old days a road horse is the one the owner chooses to make a quick trip to town , or perhaps to Sunday Services with. Road horses make the trip quick, easy and without fuss. Legacy can really trot out. In the real world, it would not take her long at all to trot a mile........That trot is loads of fun to sit behind. We worked our usual 1/2 our,  but it was a lot more work than we have done in quite a while. My arms feel like jello and Legacy had a bit of sweat worked up.  Soon I will head outside either here at home or trailer out elsewhere. I only have one small area to work outside here at home, so trailering out will be our best option.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Linda and Legs! I can easily believe that Legs is a road type horse - she has an amazing trot. Keep up the good work. (Maybe I can go for a ride with you again some day!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to getting to this point!

    ReplyDelete