Thursday, September 23, 2010

Acadia National Park Part III: Jordan Pond and Tumbledown

Is this a wicked cute face AhD is putting on, or what? Here is he standing just before we are going to pass between Jordan Pond (beyond him here) and Tumbledown Mountain.


And here is a photo of Tumbledown Mountain taken from the walking path around Jordan Pond, the area that you can see behind AhD in the first photo.
These two photos give you the idea of what it is actually like to pass through this area. On the one side, hmmm....pink granite boulders seem as though they could "tumble down" on you at any given moment...



...and on the other side, well, you could always fall off the cliff and go down into Jordan Pond. But, now, of course we can't think about those things when we pass through here!! We have to keep our wits about us and amble along, refecting upon the incredible beauty it contains, and also admiring the skills of Rockefeller's engineers and crews who designed and built this road.
And to move on to the Day Mountain Summit views...
Here I am, loving on my wonderful Curly friend atop Day Mountain. These are evening views just before sunset, so not alot of color evident, but the ledge beside us (and that covers most of the summit) is pink, pink granite.
And, speaking of pink, catch a load of this, Harold! Woo-hoo, we made a color splash on this ride. Also, as you could see from the photos on my other Acadia posts, I wore my RAC shirts and/or hoodie on just about every ride except this one (I had to layer over my tee for warmth).
I hope you all enjoyed spending some time in Acadia National Park vicariously through me and AhD these past few days. I know I will be savoring these memories for a long, long time.





2 comments:

  1. Love the splash of bright color Susan!!! Thank you for all the photos and virtual tour of Acadia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acadia is beautiful. Sure seems like you had a fantastic time. Makes me dream of doing things like this with Linus some day!! Thanks Susan

    ReplyDelete