Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I'm Nervous Already...

So we decided to go for it and signed up, Traveler and I, for the Stanton Farms 3-Day Event. The title of this blog says it all. And that was before I read the list of ride times yesterday and checked out the competition. Oh my heavens, I am going to be competing directly against upcoming 2012 Olympic Rider, Karen O'Neal. What is she doing in my division? Obviously, bringing up a new horse.

Traveler and I rode under her barn back in May but we have been in training with other instructors since - due to time conflicts. So that was quite a surprise for me. I think we know who is going to place 1st. I'm hoping to make the Top Ten. Actually, to be quite frank - I am hoping to have a safe ride, stay in the saddle at all times and just be able to compete the darn thing

Needless to say Traveler and I have been in intense training and I think we are ready to roll, or jump, as the case may be. Here's a couple pix of our training sessions.

This will be another great event to go as a Curly Ambassador to the sport. I have yet to meet another 3-Day eventer on a Curly horse and most people have no idea what kind of horse he is. Thankfully, he usually does well and behaves himself. Wish us luck, because although Traveler probably doesn't need it, I most certainly do!

4 comments:

  1. Go Liz!!! We are all behind you, rootin' for you and praying for a safe ride. Relax and enjoy...just being there is promoting...so be careful, don't push and have fun!!!! And you forgot to mention that you are also riding a stallion!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think Positive, what a great chance to compete against a pro!! Good Luck!

    Dian
    Winding Winds

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is very impressive! You have a wonderful opportunity to showcase the Curly breed and your talented stallion. You go girl!!!! We are all rooting for you to have CLEAN AND SAFE rounds. Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you. You and Traveler are both very talented so just relax, do your thing and have fun with your wonderful curly. Can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete