Friday, September 3, 2010

September!!

Crippled by another disgusting humid heat wave here in Eastern Ontario this week so not much work has been done with Linus. I had to move him to his smaller pasture because it has more shade and breeze. The weather is supposed to mellow out tomorrow, so after I work with him he can go back out front. He has been getting hosed down almost daily this week because of the heat, which isn't a bad thing. At least he is getting used to it!
Thursday at work I didn't even realise it but I had started on my September challenge. A co-worker asked about my horse and it inspired a lengthy conversation about the breed. We covered everything from coat colour to disciplines and their wonderful hypoallergenic gene. So, I wrote that one down today. We had to go into Ottawa, so wardrobe choice was easy; RAC shirt. And when I stopped at the feed store on the way home, struck up another conversation about Curlies. So, without hardly trying we're off to a good start.
I'm going to try to hitch him to the buggy a few times this weekend since it is our Labour Day long weekend here. Maybe not Monday because we are going to the heavy horse pull at the local fair....too bad I couldn't bring Linus for some points there!!
I'm getting anxious to try driving him with the bitless....must get that back from Karalee soon and give it a whirl with Linus. I haven't used it all summer on him.
I've got to try to get some video for you all to see of Linus when my Dad is cutting the grass. He has a big Zero turn lawnmower (their lawn is massive) and Linus gets all excited when he starts to cut the grass and he races the mower up and down the fenceline. Then he bucks and jumps and kicks and farts and takes off in a big red flash. Its so hilarious to watch. He seems to practice the "quarter horse stop" a lot too. He is getting really good at skid stops.
Good luck to everyone in the September challenge......get blogging!!! Lol

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Donna!!! It is so fun when just wearing your tee brings about conversation! Make sure you count points for wearing your shirt, and for each person you talked to....and for blogging. =] It is cooling down here quite a bit....so much nicer to ride with a bit of brisk air. =] Keep up the great work and awesome posting, Donna. We love it!!!

    ReplyDelete