Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall Day In Hokah, MN


What beautiful weather September brings! Storm and I took advantage of the crisp air (and no bugs!) and rode along the gravel road, in the newly cut field and along the vineyard. Green grapes glistened in the sunshine and bright yellow butterflies fluttered along the road as we casually took in the season's changing colors. We ended our ride performing some figure eights at a trot around cones followed by a nice cool down walk.

I then spent some time with Noble and saddled and cinched him up for the first time. We have been practicing with the saddle pad (and the usual tying, picking up feet, etc.) and I felt Noble was ready to try the weight of a saddle on his back and I was right.....not a flinch or concern at all! After letting Noble graze for awhile with the saddle on, I thought I would trying cinching it up. Again, Noble was perfect...no kicking out or side stepping. I let him graze again as I gently bumped the stirrups against his sides. What a good boy!

3 comments:

  1. You paint a lovely picture of your ride, thank you! I'm sorry to say that we STILL have bugs here in Maine on hot days.I got a black fly in my eye while riding on Saturday, and it stayed in there until I got home three hours later. My eye is still weepy.
    How old is Noble? What a well behaved boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty boy!!!! Awesome to see your post, Shelley! Hope to hear more as Noble progresses. Don't you just love fall riding? Your description sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noble just turned three in August. I am very pleased with him and look forward to working with him more.

    ReplyDelete