Thursday, September 30, 2010

Another Month Gone

How time flies. We've been in the RAC now for a full 9 months. Sure doesn't feel like it!! I'm heading out with my Mom this afternoon so it will be my last September opportunity to sport my RAC gear. Then I need to update my logs! I'm surprisingly not that far behind.
Poor Linus has had a pretty miserable week. We've had SOO much rain. I wish we could export mud! And today we're under a rainfall warning there is so much of it expected. I think I will give him a break and put him in for the day. His feet won't know what to do on firm ground!! Putting him in is similar to puppy-proofing or baby-proofing. If he can reach it, he will get into it. The spot I normally put him is a wide open area with gates on one side of it. The pitchforks etc. usually lean up against those gates. When Linus is in not only does he knock them over, but he somehow manages to pull them in with him. He unplugs the radio, so we had to move that cord. He pulls his halter in with him off the hook, so I hang it somewhere else. And I have even caught him standing with both front feet in the bunk feeder. This one scares the crap out of me because I worry about him hurting himself.
If Saturday is dry enough we are going to hitch him, its been a few weeks. I am still waiting to try him driving with the Bitless! Sunday we are going to our last local Fair of the season. We are going to watch the heavy horse pull, the driving classes and the Minis. I should probably poke my head in on the Angus show too!! Next year we hope to have some there showing and maybe Linus too....we'll see about that one.
I took him out last Sunday and we practiced trotting on the lead. He took some getting used to it because more commonly I am behind him when we are out trotting while ground driving. He was a good boy. Then I hand grazed him just enjoying his company and the peace and quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment