Thursday, September 30, 2010

Talking "Curlies!"



It has taken me several days to get this blog post done!! While I am entering this post on the last day of the mini-challenge, it actually took place over last weekend.

Twice a year there is a BIG multi-family yard sale that takes place at the home of one of our friends, whose house is on busy Route 202, a state highway. Well actually it has Rt. 202 out along the backside and then a quiet little road that does a loop off of Rt. 202 called Old Village Rd. is what their house actually sits on. It is the most perfect place to hold a yard sale because of the volume of traffic on Rt. 202! Plus, the people passing see the big sign,and the carefully placed items that catch their attention, and can quickly catch the end of Old Village Rd. to safely park!

I used this as an opportunity to wear my Curly apparel and talk about Curlies to any unsuspecting soul who might ask!! On Saturday I wore one of my RAC T-shirts, and only got to talk to a couple people about my horse briefly. But on Sunday, we weren't as busy. I wore a long sleeved T-shirt that I made for myself in 2008 after Dream won one of the CSI Horse of the Year Awards. Maybe it was because another friend there brought an old western saddle to sell, or maybe it was because the weather was suddenly colder and we weren't as busy, but I was actually approached by two people and asked about my horse, and "what IS a Curly?" One of the women has a horse now, but isn't real happy with it, so we had a long conversation. She will probably actually come to my farm at some point to meet Dream! I, wisely, actually had my camera with me, and got a picture taken for verification!! I'll also attach a close up shot of the shirt that I was wearing, so you will be able to read it.

It was a MOST successful yard sale, in more ways than one!

No comments:

Post a Comment