Thursday, September 23, 2010

Trainer is getting Trained....



Trainer is getting Trained.... Our Curly Mustang, Sparky, is training me to be more patient and less fast in my movements. Levi, our trainer and excellent horseman is teaching me to read his body language and feel his thoughts. After a few minutes, I begin to feel Sparky's desire to communicate with me. But, first, I am trained to lose my fear and address him as he is a pure, honest being. He has emotions, fear, anger but most important the desire to be loved. Curly Mustangs are intelligent and intuitive horses. AG

2 comments:

  1. Oh angie, this is so beautiful. I admire you so much for working sparky through all his fears and distrust and most of all working through your own fear in how to progress or approach such an animal. Wow!! I have a young QH here that is terrified of having his back legs picked up but is otherwise very bonded and tries so hard....and often I think..."can I do this??" SO to see your post working with an unhandled curly mustang like this and showing such bravery and confidence so inspired me I cant tell you. Thank you for sharing. He is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, we have so much to learn from our curly friends when we take the time to listen and observe. I love the work you are doing. From the photos it appears the two of you will go far and you will have an exceptional partner in Sparky!

    ReplyDelete