Saturday, July 27, 2013

Just for the heck of it.....

I haven't been riding much lately -- how the heck can I win a contest that way? -- but tonight I was riding and ended up at the neighbors who have a second place not far from me and when we got near the door, Corky let our a whinny, as if to say 'Howdy, neighbor!  How are you?'  And this was even before I could say hello to them.  Then as the wife came out the door, he did it again to say hello to her.  It was right on cue and I got a chuckle out of it.

It made me realize that even though I know he talks around me, he has done this to total strangers a couple of times now.  So I began to wonder how many of your Curlys are talkers?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Sorry no pictures.  Nothing exciting happening on my rides of late.

Janeen and Corky
Upper Peninsula of Michigan

3 comments:

  1. Ah-D is a talker. He nickers "hi" to me just about every morning, even in the summer when I am not the bearer of food. One March afternoon, I passed the shed on my way to the winter paddock, and Ah-D looked up and nickered to me. I said, "Hi, Handsome Boy!" and this little voice comes out of the shed and says, "Hi!" Turns out my husband Dana was in the shed boiling off maple syrup. I laugh every time I think of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a cute story, Susan! Gave me a chuckle! Does Ah-D nicker to strangers too?

      Delete
  2. Linus is a talker too! He thinks he exists just for people to love on him!! When we're out for a ride he beelines for people! Especially kids! It just doesn't occur to him that not everyone wants to meet him. And that some are scared!! But yes he talks to strangers too!

    ReplyDelete