Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Ride On Jen


This post is by my daughter, Amanda (in her font color choice, as well).

I rode Jen for the first time and she did great! First I did some lateral flexion and she was a little confused for a while, then she figured it out. When I first got on her she acted a little nervous, raising her head and widening her eyes, but after a little while she calmed down and really focused. She was right on with my breathing and paid all her attention to me. When I took all of her tack off she was nosing at the saddle like she wanted more, she almost put her bridle back on herself! I would rather have her wanting more than wanting the ride to end, though.








Michelle back in: I missed the riding pics -- bad Mom! The bag is for treats, we use Clicker Training, or "operant conditioning" as a training tool.
For any of you that don't know why this is such noteworthy news, you can catch up with the history at http://savingmissjen.blogspot.com/. You would need to scroll all the way to the oldest post to read the beginning.






3 comments:

  1. Michelle, YAAYYYYY!!!
    Oh my God, how awesome!! That news and those pictures put a big smile on my face. Well done to all of you...

    ReplyDelete