Monday, March 30, 2009

Grand-Mother/Grand-Daughter Ride - equine Ya-Ya and Egoni




Zoe and I saddled up Lilly and Elektra this morning for a quick trot. Lilly is the "Ya-ya" horse- (grandmother in Greek) and Elektra the "egoni" ( Εγγονή ) -- grand-daughter. Lilly's son (by Chip) The Mighty Quinn is Elektra's sire.


Today, I rode in my Barefoot London. I have been using the Cheyenne, but I kind of wanted to see if I still loved my London :) which I do ! It fits Lilly like a glove-- and what a glide/ride I had astride the old gal. Lilly is such a comfortable forward horse, all you really have to do is sit there and guide her- no work at all. Elektra has also inherited that from her equine Ya-Ya.. as did all of Lilly's offspring. Lilly is wearing Keri's bridle since both Elektra and Lilly use the same bridle.





You can't even tell Lilly is a
grand-mother she looks so young.









It was raining a bit-- but we wanted to ride anyway.




We just stayed on the dirt road- out and back.. a short "family" ride.



Right now, the skies seem like they are trying to clear.. I hope so. I know April brings showers- but I don't get as much done on those dreary days.

Enjoy your evening ~ Zoe- my Kóre (corey) and Betsy - both mom or mitera (μητέρα ) and Ya-Ya too :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love to read about your adventures. I learn something new and they sound like great fun! You are so right Lilly doesn't look like a grandmama....what a great ride. Also, I am interested in learning about the Barefoot London...I'll look it up on google. I am looking for a saddle that fits this rider (me) who is almost old enough to be a grandmama!

    Best wishes,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete