Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Wind Poopies


The sun is bright and lovely today, but the wind is blasting away - and blasted away my idea of going for a nice ride on that snowmobile trail across the road. AhD has the Wind Poopies, which is my new very technical yet family-oriented term for what happens to horses' attitudes when the wind comes up in the spring.

We lunged in the driveway for a while instead.

Even when my pony has the Wind Poopies, he still tickles my funny bone. Here is is attempting to eat one of the peanut butter filled pine cone bird feeders that we made in 4H.


I did eventually actually get on and ride, but I chose the deep snow trail because I do not have a death wish. AhD pranced/trudged back and forth along a short distance of the trail and created quite a deep trough.

The steers watched.

AhD continued to crack me up with his antics. More than once, he stopped and laid his head on the snow. I understood this to mean, "This snow is beautiful and fresh, so I'm going to roll now." I give AhD a lot of credit, because he listened to me when I discouraged him.


Here he is, posing for the camera after our ride. What a handsome guy!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the compliment Susan but I wouldn't make a pimple on a good coboy's butt!!!!!!!!!!!
    I really must admit the more pictures I see of AhD the more I respect him , I think when this summer is over if you keep up the work on him you will have a animal almost now I say almost as fine as Curly boy and that is mighty fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what a handsome boy!!! I love your technical terminology!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    AhD is a very handsome fella! Lookin' forward to seeing more photos of you both.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete