Monday, May 6, 2013

Ian Tipton Clinic

As usual, I have been extremely busy with things around the farm - this time of year is BUSY.
 
We were very fortunate to have Ian Tipton come to our farm last weekend for a one day clinic. Ian is a very well known and respected horse and people trainer in our area (and beyond) at one time he had his own local TV show for several years. I met him some years ago when I took Sandman to a few of his clinics and also have ridden a few of my other horses with him too. I use his methods to start all my horses - no matter what discipline they will end up doing - I "love" the softness and lightness that these methods give a horse. Ian is particularly good at imparting information, all day long, to all levels of students and all of us had a great time and learned lots.

Here are a few pictures from the day - look at how nice and soft and light the horses are - especially Joe and Divinity. I have included one picture of Ian on Tessa as well - she hasn't had a western saddle on for about 6 years!






Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada

1 comment: