Monday, May 13, 2013

*Tessa and me

Well, I am very happy with how *Tessa is coming along under saddle now - hard for me to believe though, that she is TEN years old this year!  She was my first Curly foal born at my farm and I really do cherish her.
So I was just going to ride her yesterday, but Anastasia showed up with the camera to get some photos - no real reason, just to see how we are doing together and I am glad that she did.  I have to say that when we get photos and video of our riding that it really helps to SEE the things that need improvement.  First are a few pictures that I like how we look together, and following that are a couple that clearly show how me having too strong a right hand interferes with *Tessa's ability to balance herself in self carriage.  Comments welcome!




 

 


 
Can you see how my hands being too strong negatively affected her going forward?  And look at her unhappy face!
 
 
 
Shelly in Summerland, BC Canada

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful girl! Isn't it fun to see your babies all grown up! You should be really proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are a fantastic rider and Tessa obviously loves you back. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning mare!! And I love all the pics you riding her I think you are doing an awesome job here, even when you think you to harsh. At least you recognize it that is super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry mum, we are working on that right hand and elbow. Besides, it is SO much better...and you're getting better overall :)

    ReplyDelete