Saturday, March 6, 2010

Moon!!

I finally got to spend some quality curly time today.  It was a balmy 60 degrees in KY so what better to do with a gorgeous day than play with my ponies?

I trimmed all 5 (4 curlies, 1 belgian).  Needless to day, I'm pooped, lol.  Everybody was wonderful about their feet.  I am always amazed at how hard and strong the curlies' feet are.  Maybe it's the draft influence but they all have hooves that are wider than they are long.  I had to special order boots for them. 

All 4 curlies also got vacuumed with the shop-vac today.  All of them seemed to enjoy it.  Moon's eyes got HUGE when I turned it on but it didn't take him long to realize that, man that feels good! 

I decided to start Moon's spring training with long lining today.  Elaine (his breeder) worked with him extensively on ground work but I haven't done much long lining with him.  So we tried it out.  He was amazing!  He's so responsive and sooo smart.  It was August the last time he was worked with like this.  Even though I didn't know what I was doing, he sure did!  I saw a video several years ago of a Fresian doing some really cool things in lines.  So we tried some of it.  In about 5 minutes, he was doing figure eights in lines at a trot.  He also does a beautiful sidepass in lines. 

It was an amazing day.  I LOVE my curlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment