Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A sunny Spring Day with Cinnamon River

Hello everyone, 

In between all the rain we are having in Texas our Curly friends and I found a beautiful sunny Spring like day to get out and work on our ground work training and even sneak a ride in. 

 Our wonderful gaited Missouri Fox-rotter cross Curly, Renegait Cinnamon River and I spend quiet a lot of time together. I find a peaceful feeling surrounds me when I am with him.

First, we are learning to use our "back up" command when I approach the stall. While it is a very basic point, in preparing for our Little Cowgirl Pony "Spring Break" Camp I decided it is a good review for River. It is also another way to remind River of the same sounds I use when asking for a backup in the saddle. A simple sh,sh,shh is our system.

Standing still for haltering is another area that I sometimes take fore-granted but the very thought of our well mannered Curlies walking over a young lady does not sit very so again it never hurts as grandmother always said, "learn your manners".
As I added the photo to the left I realized there was a huge safety issue; someone left a gate open. Safety is a huge part of our Spring Break Camp so it will definitely be addressed. On another note, when we walk our horse out of their stalls we have to clear their rear so that they dont not hit a gate or wall. It makes me queasy every time I see folks in a hurry not allow the horse enough room or time to clear the opening of their stall. Our moto at Golden Curls Ranch; "practice safety today for a better ride tomorrow". 



 Wow, Cinnamon River feels the sun and is standing like a gentleman. OK, let's put all those lessons to work and grab a saddle for sunny Spring Day ride.


 




When I am with Cinnamon River I always seem to smile and what a wonderful way to spend a sunny Spring day in Texas...Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment