Sunday, March 7, 2010
What a fantastic ride today! Beautiful weather! We headed up Back Street and out into the sapling field again. Put a heck of a scratch into Harold’s favorite saddle, but he will be relieved to know that the pink saddle blanket is ok. Whew!
Discovered someone is harvesting the pine forest. AhD usually doesn’t like piles of logs, but he didn’t mind these.
Trotted and cantered and sauntered around, and then went on another snowed-in trail. My pony was characteristically….GOOD!!!! :) Came off of that trail, trotted down the road and took another trail. We crossed this stream, which was much deeper than I thought. I felt like Betsy Lirakis!! Very brave and adventurous! Further on down the trail, I could tell AhD was noticing something up ahead, and then he spooked at some turkeys flying off very noisily. Ian caught us mid-spook, and I get a heck of a kick out of this picture because look how AhD’s tail is right up in the air! How cute is that! I even love him when he is spooking. (well, afterwards, when I am still in the saddle, anyways) There was tons of deer sign in the woods. We looped around in the woods and came out a few miles from home. Beautiful scenery, I thought. And so refreshing in the woods.
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- Sunset Ride
- Linus' Darlin'
- Hokah Curly Horses In The Local News
- Gotta Love Those Curlies
- A not so positive followed by a positive
- First time trailer loading - catch up post number ...
- Welll, Billy and I are back in the RAC competition...
- Mid week drive - the Covered Bridge re-visited by ...
- Spirited After Work Ride
- A big day for *Charm!
- I wanted to let Linus have some time to himself on...
- What goes up.....
- *Charm's first show! She wins a first place ribbo...
- The obstacle challenge opening day !
- Spring Obstacle Challenge!
- Yahoo - our Curlies are going to the State Fair of...
- goal set - mission accomplished
- Spring Thaw ?
- A sunny Spring Day with Cinnamon River
- Tons of horse stuff today!
- First ride for me this year.
- Please welcome our Curly mule
- One, two, three, four - JUMP!
- What a fantastic ride today! Beautiful weather! W...
- Last of the snow
- Out with the Queen of Carts again !
- Clinic #2
- Ahhh, that was nice!
- Ian and I went for a ride on our horses this BEAU...
- Here at Top O' The Hill Farm, we have been super ...
- Lakota wants a bigger horse trailer
- Trail Ride In MN
- Pictures of a pretty girl :)
- Linus is a Nurtural
- Finally get to ride one of my Curlies - yahoo!
- Afternoon Ride
- ▼ March (39)
- ► 2009 (333)