Tuesday, April 23, 2013
More Springtime Riding
After reading Dana's post, I realize I am very fortunate to be able to get out and ride on the weekends and Monday nights. My pony is an awesome partner. We had a good time out on the trails all by ourselves on Saturday.
We crossed a swift stream and saw some moose tracks. I put my hand in the picture so you could see how big they were. Not giant, perhaps a yearling moose, but fun to see. Ah-D was not impressed. I remember now how he stepped on me when I was busy taking a picture of these...and I'm thinking to myself as I write this that the mystery of how I got the big bruise is now solved. This happens to me all the time. I forget about getting banged around a bit and then the bruises and marks are a mystery. This is a true blessing because I forget about the bad stuff and always remember the good!!! One of the things I really like about myself.
I tried to take a picture of us while we were out Saturday, but it came out all washed out. And, dang it, I looked thin, too! What the heck, I will post it anyway, because I want to look at a thin picture of myself instead of the usual.
Monday night, Terry and I took Allie and Ah-D out for a nice, leisurely trail ride. Oh, a funny...I was combing through the woods trying to figure out where a break in the stone wall was, and I happened to look down at Ah-D's mouth. The bit was under his chin. Can you believe that? I never put the bit in his mouth when I put on the bridle! DUH. Terry and I got a kick out of it. I didn't even notice any difference in Ah-D's responsiveness, either. Have I mentioned before how much I love my Curly? Maybe once or twice.
We stopped a few times and let the horses get a taste of that new spring grass emerging. The birds were singing their evening songs. It was heaven.
Until next time, Susan and Ah-D in Maine
- ► 2015 (83)
- End of the Challenge out on Dutch Queens day!
- Curly Foster George ( Two-Two) bomproof!
- Good Times!
- season's already started!
- Bucky is getting a real child pony
- Our first Jump show! UPDATE Video
- We're still here......
- Another Trail ride ... these boys are doing great!...
- the big change
- More Springtime Riding
- Great success at the MWHF
- April showers bring lots of flowers
- We're Still Here!!
- Our Big Weekend
- The big movement!!
- Today, we tried again. Fuego was too lazy for Wood...
- Finding Scary Things....
- First trail ride with Woody and Peter :)
- Mozart's Birthday
- the big movement
- Unflappable incredible Freedom
- Two Great Trail Rides in Two Days!
- so depressed!!!!!
- Scary movie part 3
- Pony Club
- Wheather changes!
- Black Rock's Golden Firefly - aka O'Sparky's first...
- Kid Time!
- bucky finished his training
- Jump training part 2
- I Feel like Dancing....Dancing....
- Back at it!
- Cinderella birthday!!!
- Finally working together :))))))
- 9 more days!
- Lovely Ride Last Night
- Bomproofing my curly!
- season 2013- we're ready!
- Winter or Spring?
- De-spook officially started :-)
- Hobble Hobble...
- My Easter Sunday Ride
- Finally got some pictures
- ▼ April (44)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- ► 2010 (477)
- ► 2009 (333)