Friday, January 30, 2015

Introduction

Hey there!  Better late than never; right?  I'm Janeen and live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, not too far from Denise Conroy.  It's all her fault that I have two Curlies!  One is a 11 year old gelding by the name of Corky and my picture on here is of him and I in our first year of running speed.  I always said I wouldn't do barrels, but at the age of 52 years young I decided to get it off my bucket list.  On Corky I can do anything is my motto!  We haven't broke any speed records, but he likes it and we have fun!  Him and I have done a couple of parades as of this last summer and then we trail ride all the time!  I hope to continue all that with Cork this year!

My second Curly is a mare named Willow.  She's approximately 6 years old and came from a rescue.  She's quite the card!  She came to the rescue with 30 other horses, which about 12 were identifiable Curlies.  She was maybe a year, two years old and scored a one for weight.  All were extremely thin.  She evidently wasn't mistreated, just not trained and fed at the time.  We adopted her about 18 months ago.

I took some video of her so you can see how inquisitive she is.  

http://youtu.be/KjhbpvS0rJA


1 comment:

  1. Love your Curlies Janeen and their different personalities! So awesome that you decided to get into speed and barrels. The smile speaks more than the time posted in my books!

    ReplyDelete