Thursday, February 11, 2010
Curlies and Texas Weather
Well friends, there is an old saying in Texas; if you don't like the weather just wait a bit 'cause it will change. And, as a transplant from Carolina, who has been here almost twenty years, I believe it to be true.
Yesterday, after working on fences I decided to saddle up my Curly pony, Chester, and climb into the western saddle with my work overalls on...they are blue with white paint splatters all over them and while they are not a fashionable statement they are sure warm and easy to take off and put on when it's cold.
Also, no one knows I have my PJ's on underneath when I have early morning feedings.
Chester is such an awesome fella, he and I really connect on the ground. He always comes when I call him and we walk together without a lead rope going from pasture to barn. I really feel we are communicating.
First, I brushed him. Wow, could not believe the hair I collected...could have stuffed a pillow. Then, I saddled him and put on a bridle with a snaffle bit. He really does not like a bit. He shakes his head and I really am conscience of having very soft hands. Anyone have experience with Bitless Bridles? I'd love to hear your experiences and learn more about them.
Chester and I walked around a while or should I say sloshed around but it was great to be in the saddle.
This morning, I pulled my favorite overalls out of the dryer and headed out to the barn- yep in my long johns.
Angie and her Curly, White ponies
- ► 2015 (83)
- ► 2013 (442)
- ► 2011 (1008)
- Llama rounding - Curly style
- Rained out...in February...in Eastern Ontario....W...
- Monday's ride
- Curly J, an intelligent Curly Gelding that keeps m...
- Here we go....
- Riding Rose
- UGGGH More Snow?
- Our Curly Queen of Carts
- Lovin' it!!
- Cold and Sunny in Vermont
- Almost 50 in New Hampshire!
- FINALLY! I'm blogging, Susan!
- The Sap is Running!
- Snow Ride!
- Getting out there in the snow
- Week of harness work - 'sitting' to the RAC trot
- Impromptu Valentine's Downtown Excursion
- Cross-ties Conquered!!
- 2.5 hours today...
- Logging some healing RAC hours
- Riding Lesson
- brrrr but a good day anyway
- On the Right Track
- Beautiful Day
- Online Training Program - Feedback Please
- good day
- Minnesota Sunshine
- Curlies and Texas Weather
- Tooks some pics and played a bit
- The sun is shining and the air is crisp but it is ...
- Hokah, MN News
- Winter trails and photos
- Sharing Sorrow
- Kendahl D'Uva - 09' Reserve Champion Youth 12 & un...
- The Bad and the Good As everyone who has, or has ...
- THANK YOU RAC !!!!!! Thank you Denise !!!
- A Small Thing
- pictorial proof!
- Back in the Saddle Again (almost)
- Diamond & Dolly - saddles, ponying, playing
- Brrrr..... Sunny but cold in NH
- Big day for Little "Z"
- It Is All Wet
- training and prep
- Sandor playin' in the Sun
- Some real RAC Logging !
- Incentive Award Ribbons
- ▼ February (48)
- ► 2009 (333)