Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cyber Ride Dec. 11, 2010

Hi Everyone,

Well, I didn't get to ride Saturday, it is so icy at our house my parents wouldn't let me. SO I brushed my three horses. Then I cleaned and picked all their hooves. Their feet have been extra sensitive due to the condition of our pasture. It has been so wet and sloppy then everything froze leaving a bumpy mess, and mini skating rinks in certain places. I walked Teke and Zar around outside the barn where the ground is flat. We are expecting a blizzard Saturday night so I wanted to make sure everything was ready for the storm. My Dad brought the tractor down so we scraped the pasture as good as we could to try to make it smoother too.

The weather man is usually not right but at 11:30 p.m. I was back at the barn putting horses in and brushing inches of snow off them. I wish we didn't get the blizzard, but it sure looks like Christmas now. They have already called off School for Monday, so maybe I can get the horses ready for our family Christmas picture. Only if the wind and snow stop. I will try to get that posted. Our internet connection is awful!!! The last pictures we sent it took 4-5 hours to download. Also with the snow I should be able to start riding again. I haven't rode in a week!!

Ashley Ostman
Mackinaw City, Michigan

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley!!! SO great to hear from you!! For those of you that don't know Ashley & Teke, won the "curly and Me" challenge and the sept promotion challenge in the Youth division.

    Ashley you sure have gusto and energy! Something I think all of us women wish we had. lol. I am glad you were able to get out for a little while with the horses. It IS blustery here too...wow. (Ashley lives only an hour from me) We have the same issues in our corral too. Kiss Zarina for us....and am thrilled Teke has such a GREAT home and you are enjoying her so much. Hope to hear from you more often AND in 2011!! Tell your family I said "HI!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be suffering from riding withdrawls! ;) Good luck on getting out to ride in the beautiful snow, and I am looking forward to seeing your Christmas picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a lucky girl Ashley and even better that you know what you have! I would have loved to have so much horse interaction at your age. Way to go!!! Congrats on all your hard work so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, congratulations on your accomplishments! Yea, snow!!! Sounds like there will be enough to cover those nasty frozen hoof prints to give Teke and Zars' hooves some comfort and the pleasure of riding back in your life! Looking forward to your Christmas photo!

    ReplyDelete