Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ride with me or .... not

I didn't get to ride but I did get two new curlies!  *Chrystal Bloom and *Simon Says both of Curly Standard Place in BC started their journey to Kentucky on Monday and arrived this morning.  Both of them traveled very well and got off the trailer full of spunk.

It was pouring down rain but it didn't seem to bother them. It did bother me though!  So instead of riding Emmy (Chrystal's half sister) in the indoor arena, I had a towel session with Chrystal and Simon.  Simon and I had a small leading lesson as well.  They're both so laid back and cooperative, it was no problem at all to introduce them to the towel and rub them with it.  Chrystal seemed to think the whole thing was a spa experience!  Simon's coat is so thick, he really didn't need the toweling but it was a good handling, "getting to know you" lesson for us.  He proudly sported the towel for a while.  He was way more interested in his hay, lol!


5 comments:

  1. Super news! Glad your new beauties arrived safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear they arrived safely!! *Bobble arrived here in Indiana tonight :-) But because of the rain just didn't get anything else done so I didn't post on the RAC Ride with me, but we will be ready on Jan.1st!!! Simon Says is just adorable :-)
    Dian
    Winding Winds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to watch them grow up Carrie!! You will have to keep me posted on how much Chrystal is like Emmy and Reese. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear your new arrivals made the journey safe and sound! They are adorable. You must be so excited...as they apparently were for their spa experience after their long trip. Looking forward to seeing more of them in 2011!

    ReplyDelete