Sunday, December 19, 2010

Quick Sunday Ride

Didder, Grace and I managed to squeeze in a short but sweet ride this morning. I took him across the road to bushwhack through the woods, and then we headed out into a field of young Christmas trees. We rode down the aisles. AhD was pretty darn full of himself, but I made sure he didn't step on any baby trees.
We scrambled over this stone wall. AhD seemed in a hurry to get everywhere and was very forward and upheaded. It was cool to ride this spirited steed! A few weeks ago, a friend's horse ran away with me. She ignored my efforts to slow her down as we flew up a back road. I wasn't able to stop her until we made a sharp turn, and I gave it my all with a one rein stop. Thankfully, AhD wasn't ignoring my cues at all; he was just eager! I never felt like he was going to run away with me, and although he was alert, he didn't spook once during our refreshing jaunt today.
As we come to the close of 2010, Didder and I would like to wish Happy Winter Trails and Merry Christmas to our fellow RACers and their Curly partners!! Thank you all very much for entertaining me with your splendid posts. Through you, I was able to ride barrels in Texas, through a river in Vermont, in a huge covered arena in IL, jump cross country in WA, and ground drive down Canadian back roads. We are looking forward to the 2011 RAC. Who knows what adventures the new year will bring! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you TOO, SUSAN & AHD! It's been such a fun year...with some trials and so many learning lessons. Sounds like a great ride for you today! I LOVE winter riding!!! Wish I didn't have to wear 16 layers of clothes, but that's ok. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Winter trails and Merry Christmas to you and Didder and other fellow RACers as well. I am so proud of you and AhD. You must be beaming! A spirited, yet controlled and fresh winter ride. Another year of adventures coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you too Susan!! I've loved your posts and words of encouragement for Linus and I throughout the 2010 RAC.

    ReplyDelete