Friday, December 17, 2010

RAC - Ride with Me - Saturday December 11, 2010










Hello Curly Friends, 

Jubliee's Curly J and I worked on barrels a bit. He is so smart and learning his patterns really well. Levi has been working with him on his stops and boy did it take me back when I said whoa...he stopped in a second with a slide and I almost flew between his ears{:> 

Gotta love those Curlies, I am convinced they can do anything they want...Levi and I are working with Curly J on his jumping and yesterday he was practicing jumping over approximately one and a half foot cavaletti. 

After we practiced in the arena we cooled off on a wonderful trail ride....made me think the best way to look for a Christmas is in saddle with a Curly friend.


All our best, 
Angie and Curly J

5 comments:

  1. Angie, your photos are great and Curly J is really adorable!:~) I am glad to hear you stayed with him on that sliding stop!!! When they get it, they GET it! LOL

    I am right there with you in that Curlies can be extremely versatile and Curly J is certainly proving that with the guidance of you and Levi.

    So did you find your tree??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, what the heck!!! It looks like you could sun yourself there; what is the temperature? I am freezing up here in Maine. I am in love with Curly J's blond corkscrew forelock, and the pictures of you two in the woods are making me GREEN with envy. What is that pink flower?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love riding a stop like that!!! My friend kathy has been working with me and Reese with that and boy if I dont' sit back it's incredible the force forward! But sure built my confidence to think I can stop by boy fast when I need to! =] Kathy says to always ask for a few steps backward every single time I stop Reese and he the stop gets better and better. The timing is critical though...a quick release and then back, back, back. Oooo now I digress, sorry. Just for those wanting to work on that..it's really cool and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie, I echo the what heck! SUNNY? no fair sentiment! But lucky you. The pictures are great as is your enthusiasm! The Photo of you behind the tree with the pink flower would be a great christmas card photo! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello friends,
    Ya'll are all invited to come soak up the sun with us in Texas. I will say it's not always perfect weather as last Wednesday it was so windy that friends lost a few standing runs in with really strong winds and our Curlies have a bit of allergies from the dust we worked up in the arena (watery eyes).
    Denise, your friend, Kathy, is right on, in fact, we always ask for three steps back when we stop our horses. It is a great habit to get into.
    Ellen and Susan, I need to find out the name of that flower it is really bright pink and the birds love them{:>
    As they say in our neck of the woods, our Casa your Casa{:>
    All our best,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete