Tuesday, December 21, 2010

December Ride with Me

Yes, I'm very late in posting for the Ride With Me. It also happened to be the day of our office Christmas party, which is my lame excuse.

I didn't actually "ride" with y'all, but I was there in spirit. I did make it out to the barn to visit with my Curlies and give them a good brushing, some butt scritches and lots of promises. I've been laid up after surgery, so haven't even been feeding my girls for the past 6 weeks, so I really missed them! It actually was quite a task to walk all the way uphill to the barn, give them all a brushing, and manage to get back down the hill. I needed a nap afterward! But my daughter did take some photos, and it felt great to be outside with them again. I finally got the all clear today, and will start building myself back up to feeding and caring for them, and eventually riding again!


Jen is always the first one to greet you at the gate, say Hello, and look for attention.




Mandy and her girl





Lakota says "Ah, so you decided to come visit, eh? And now you expect me to make a big deal out of your arrival, when you can't be bothered to tend to my every whim for the last month? !"





"Oh, but you've got 'the brush'". Maybe I can manage to grace you with my presence if you ask nicely enough and promise to cater to me."




"Oh my goodness, Lakota, my back is killing me, let me rest for a minute, please"






"Hey, leaving so soon? Where ya goin' with that brush?" "Sorry, Lakota, I need to go lay down for awhile now."





"Hey, does anyone else think the kids got cookies in her pockets?"

4 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures Michelle! Glad to hear you got the OK to work with the horses again! Isn't it amazing how quickly our strength and endurance gets zapped as we get older! It is crazy! Mandy sure is a beautiful girl! Look forward to more posts from ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, Lakota looks amazing!! I love that pic of you holding on to her back to rest. I am so thrilled you had a little time with the horses....thanks for joining us!!! Mandy sure is growing up, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lakota sure has become something if a brick house, hasn't she? She sure has filled out since you saw her in TN! I hope Jen gets that fat, too, but she seems to have plateaued, she's more slight than Lakota. Yes, Mandy will be 14 soon, do you remember that photo I took of her with Traveler all those years ago? She was 5 then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Lakota is one stout Curly! Must make you feel great! I am so glad you were out there with all of us; didn't we all come through with a great surge of postings at the end of this year? Awesome to hear from you, and I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete