Tuesday, December 14, 2010

fallen away RACer





Well as others before me said -it has been months since my last post. I have been workign with my pony and even took a class at the local community college and am beginning to get my nerve back. Also took him for a drive this summer - first time in harness in about 5 years but he did great giving friends a ride. And then the 12-11 cyber ride --- Was COLD and a busy day but i got out, got on and got pictures!

I believe I will try this again next year even though I was a dismal failure this year! LOL I REALLY like the 2011 shirt logo :). Also have two new friends, who are buying a couple of our curlies as the him is allergic and has found two (one for him and one for her) to whom he has no reaction, whom I intend to rope into this RAC thing!

Thanks to all for the support and the sharing!

5 comments:

  1. OH Ellen! I LOVE the ear warmers on your boy! He looks pretty darn content with his "mom".

    A big KUDOS to you for getting out there on the 11th AND getting photos...proof there are no failures here on RAC. Some of us have slow starts or setbacks or ??? but the point is that you have gotten out there and are working at getting your nerve back. It will all come together for you...one step at a time.

    I also love the driving pictures! Five years?!? It looks like he hasn't missed a beat. Wow, aren't curlies wonderful?

    Congratulations on the sale of two of your curlies! Work on those new friends to join RAC for a great experience.

    TAke care and hope to see more of you in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, I love the bale-on-the-skid, but that photo of the reindeer takes the cake! Your SC Curly is gorgeous - your breeding? You look like a panda bear all bundled up - been there, done that! ha ha! I am glad you are posting again, and I look forward to hearing more news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Bik Sky - YUP you GOTTA love the Curlies! THANKS for the encouragement and I am working on T & J to enter the RAC!
    @ Susan the bale on the skid is a great training tool as the horse gets tired quickly so IF it decides to run away it does not go far! LOL My boy is lazy so running is not much of a problem (the way I LIKE it). I had a moment of "what does SC mean" then when I figured it out I chuckled as I assume you me Smooth Coat - But Mocha is a Curly Curly not a smooth coat. I can see by the pictures how he could look smooth. As a yearling he looked like a large standard poodle who needed a hair cut! Now he is wavy with dreadlocks on the mane and tail and curls on the legs and ears.
    Yeah bundled up was a necessity! Monday and Tues it was 53 and no wind but Sat it was 38 with ICEBERG wind! Thought maybe I would be mistaken for a bandit. OH - and yup Mocha is our breeding. He by Bit-O-Wy Mellow out of a blue roan mustang mare we no longer have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pics are GREAT, Ellen!! So wonderful to see you riding again. mocha is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Denise!! It feels great sometimes and others, well let's just say the characters in Jaws ain't got nothin' on me! LOL But I am getting better - especially with all the support and the abiltiy to choose my own pace!

    ReplyDelete