Sunday, December 12, 2010

RIDE WITH ME - Late report

Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I last blogged... but that doesn't mean I haven't been riding!

At the moment my computer's bluetooth is not working - which is preventing me from downloading any of yesterday's pictures from my camera phone. (UGGH!)

Anyway....I was glad to be able to make the cyber ride yesterday - it was a great day for a ride! The weather was considerate enough to warm-up into the 40s - making it very pleasant. (The day before barely made it into the double digits - and today is just sleet and freezing rain - yuck!)

Miss Demeanor and Lakota High Socks are doing well - they are both pleasantly plump & nice and curly. They have some new "barn-pals" to keep them company - "cookie dough" & "Bandit" two very cute barn cats we recently acquired.

When I went out to feed them this morning (I wished I had had a camera) it was absolutely hysterical. There was a slight dusting of snow on the ground, and as usual all four of the fur faces were excited to see me. The four of them were out in the paddock… chasing bucking, kicking, prancing, and pouncing around – excited about the snow – and the prospect of food. It cracks me up – Lakota and the two cats actually have this kind-of organized game they play: “Wild Curly & the Commando Kitties”. The picture would have been perfect for Denise’s curly antics page.


I went out with my camera - to see if they'd do it again.... they didn't.
So instead, I thought I'd try to get a christmas"y" type shot - didn't come out that great - "O'well" I'll try again later if it goes back to snow.
Happy Holidays to everyone - just in case I don't post before then.....

Deb, Miss Demeanor & Lakota High Socks

4 comments:

  1. Dang! I would have loved to see that playful action with your horses and cats!!! What entertainment you have in your backyard! Really glad you were able to get out Deb and enjoy with us. Thanks for posting and for the lovely Christmas photo of your gorgeous curlies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Deb! Glad you were cyber riding with the group! I have missed your posts and photos of your gorgeous Curlys. Do you take Lakota High Socks along, or does he have to stay back at the barn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan

    On occasion... When the weather is cooler and windy, Deams and Lakota are both a little more frisky - which makes it difficult. I want to stay safe - and when they both want to run - I don't feel like I can keep them both in proper control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, what wonderful antics to enjoy at your barn! Our curlies sure manage keep us entertained!:~) Can hardly wait to see you catch them in action with their new pals. Sounds as though you had a nice winter day for a cyber ride. Enjoy your Christmas and New Year as well.

    ReplyDelete