Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter is here and we are lovin it!!

I have been trying to get on here and post before I forget what I want to write and at last I have made it!!! The first picture was taken Sunday before I took Linus for a walk, saddled, on an absolutely beautiful winter afternoon. As you can see he is desperately trying to help himself to some of my Dad's beer!! Dad, my brothers and husband were doing some catching up...and Linus was trying to join in. I commented what do you expect when his Birthday is May 24??? (famous for being the first long warm weekend/bbq/accompanied with 2-4's of beer here in Canada!)


This picture is of Linus checking out some new scenery on a new trail I took him on up the road from us. We didn't venture very far due to hunting season but he was thrilled about the new scenery. Instead of being spooky with it, he was invigorated!










I just LOVE this head shot of Linus. It was taken while we were out on the road. You can see from the lighting the sun isn't too far from setting behind us. He is really starting to get a very attractive head. He knows it too!!!









He thinks the sole purpose of snow is for him to play in it!!











It's hard to tell but he is playing with an empty Sprite bottle. He had so much fun with it!! He kind of upset Nessie who had been playing with it until he came along!!




We've had a really great week together. The weather here (knock on wood) has been beautiful. We've been able to take full advantage of it. Sunday we had a really nice walk. Linus was great when new dogs on the road starting barking at him. Instead of running from them he tries to go and check them out. He was pretty eager to be out but we did our reminders and he settled in. He was great with the saddle on too. I walked beside him rocking it back and forth a bit and tapping on it. He didn't care one bit! When we got back he stood at the 4wheeler where the men had gathered and was trying to take off their gloves or get into their beer.
Tonight, my Dad and I were standing by him while we waited for a tank to finish filling. He is just loving the extra attention. He was slowly nuzzling my Dad's face and going higher and higher until he could try to "sneak" his toque off without Dad noticing that's what he was doing. It was hilarious. When that didn't work he tried to get more of my coat. Since he has already pulled the zipper pull off of it he is left with pulling my collar or hood strings. He has so much character.
We are hoping to hitch him this weekend again. It was nice tonight that my Dad was actually the one who suggested we do. It's so awesome to see him enjoying having a horse around again. I'm really enjoying spending the extra time with him (time was never an issue before, but the change of pace is nice) and I feel like in some way Linus and I are giving something back to him. We've brought something back into his life that when he was younger, cherished doing with his Uncle. I just love that!!
I'm sure this will not be our last post but in case something happens we want to wish all of our fellow RACers a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Thank you all for your support and friendship this past year. It has been an awesome experience. Linus and I are looking forward to 2011 and all of the new things we get to work on!!
Be Safe. Be Healthy. Be Happy.

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post, Donna...as always! Linus sounds like he has the same need to check out things like Reese...of course, seems to be a curly trait! =] What is it with pop bottles?? lol. Our boys sure love them! I think it's so wonderful to have your Dad enjoying Linus with you..I thought of that many times. What a treasure and neat way to bond even more for all 3 of you. It's been so wonderful to have you as part of this contest, Donna. We so look forward to seeing you in 2011!! Merry Christmas to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, so glad to meet you through the RAC this year! AhD is always looking for something to do, so I am going to try an empty soda bottle for him to play with. Your comments about your Dad bring back memories of my Dad, because he was very involved with me and my horses when I was a kid. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete