Monday, December 20, 2010

Look, Look ~ See Jane, See Jane Splash !

I had wanted to post this short saga of OYY Beltane's Lady Jane and her first ride out on the trail after it occurred, but alas - my computer suddenly died and I lost my files and photo's - eeek... slightly off topic - thank goodness Shelly White suggested Carbonite once - as I have all those photo's back now on this older borrowed 'puter.  So here it is one month later-- Silly Lady Jane on what we call the beginner trail. Jane is a daughter of Chip's and out of a lovely mare of old time Curly bloodlines.  I am hoping she'll make a good lesson horse for the therapy program.. I think she will.

As I was thinking about this post - I was reminded of my first kindergarten remedial reader -- some of you other Jack Benny-ites may recall, Dick and Jane.. sometimes Spot, and little sister Sally.   


This trail is perfect for younger green horses - gives them a little back road, usually some traffic - lots of mud, brush, uphill and downhill -- and as you will see - water :)

It's been a very cold fall - but no snow for us until December.  A day or two after the RAC ride with me.




Jane did not mind being leader for a good portion of the ride.









However, when this huge water obstacle came up ahead -- she needed to step aside to re-group..

yikes ! says Jane.



Keri showed her how it was done.. but Jane still had reservations.






Yes- this is a large ocean of water - but this is what brave trail horses do.








I think this video could qualify for a Curly Antics ??





As we exited the trail out into the open field - Jane thought... Finally, some sensible firm dry ground. She had fun though and now she is "graduated" -- hopefully we'll have time to get her out and about more.  Please visit my farm blog for a few more photo's and some more farm news of late.

Zoe and I had a great ride today -- traveled on a road we have never been on with horses before -- new loop - fun, but cold and icy. We have our Christmas ride planned which will be on Wednesday instead of on Christmas eve due to other commitments. Looking forward to another New year with RAC -- thank you Denise for the creation of this fun joyous group !

5 comments:

  1. That was GREAT!! I loved the water video of Zoe and Jane! What a good girl! Betsy, wishing you a VERY MERRY and Blessed Christmas this year...and we so look forward to hearing your adventures in 2010!! W00T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typed too fast...meant 2011!! Geesh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a silly girl! GREAT VIDEO! Jane is very brave and fun. Merry Christmas to you and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video, Betsy, Jane was so cute with that "puddle"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad I had my camera along and Keri stood fairly still for the video -- Jane is a silly girl but very safe. Can't wait for her to be giving lessons :)

    ReplyDelete