Wednesday, December 8, 2010

SNOW

The frost has taken hold and as such Linus has moved back up close to the barn. The mucky November that we had just left the pasture way too rough for him. So, now he has a smaller, outdoor area but a wind block and is in the centre of all of the farm activity. He is really enjoying all of the extra interaction. Its not like he wasn't ever played with or talked to before but now he sees everything that gets done with the cows too. It took a few of the younger heifers and the bull a few hours to figure out who he was and why he was now penned beside them but everyone has settled in now.
The new harness has arrived and I have still yet to fit it to Linus. I've been laid up again and am now seeing the chiropractor 3 times a week and massage therapist one time a week...but it feels like we're on the right track now for solving the migraine issues which have plagued me since June. So, needless to say; the last 2 weeks have not afforded me much "play time" with Linus but I'm feeling more up to it now. We have had some sessions of just grooming and chatting. Today I took him out for a short walk and then put him into the pasture for a run. We have a light cushion of snow so he was able to comfortably blow off some steam.
He had a great time snorting and blowing hot air. He is always trying to play with the dogs too. Nessie, the Great Pyrenese pup used to run into his pasture and play with him but she can't access him now so I think they are having withdrawl!!
Unfortunately with Lynn and I both under the weather we still haven't caught up but hopefully over the holidays.
We are supposed to get a massive dumping of snow here on the weekend....hopefully I can log some time with Linus first!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear of your migraines, I can only imagine the discomfort. Nothing like a good chiropractor and massage therapist to get you back on track!

    It sounds as though you and Linus will benefit from his new digs...I know that ours thoroughly enjoy a move that entails not only more interaction, but more to observe and learn from. So often that "quality time" of grooming and chatting makes for the best sessions. Other times a good dumping of snow can make for some pretty fun times as well!

    Take it easy and good luck with your txs!

    ReplyDelete