Friday, December 24, 2010

Searching for Mistletoe at Golden Curls Ranch


Hello All,

What's more fun than trail riding with good friends and Curlies? Looking for Mistletoe on your trail ride with good friends and Curlies.......Our good friends, Leann, her son Carson, who is a Marine, home visiting before he leaves for his fourth tour of duty, this time in Afghanistan; his beautiful rosy cheeked, red headed, daughter Lana and our darling little barrel racer, age four, Hayden, Levi, my son, Nicky and I decided to saddle up our horses and ride the Golden trails in search of Mistletoe. 

My youngest son, Nicky, and Curly J have become quite a team, Levi and Lakota are perfectly matched with those long legs and Chester and I were behind the camera....tho' the curls were still apparent.  Our friends were riding their beautiful Quarter Horses, Leann and Fly (wonder where he got that name?), Carson and Lana on Itchie with a B (she is all mare) and Hayden with her new friend, Star Princess.


Levi and Lakota were the first to spy the Mistletoe and grabbed a hand full from our big old Oak tree's lowest limb and galloped away. Having grown up in Carolina and being an Irish man's daughter the scene reminded me of the great fun had at Steeple Chase races I attended as a young girl. 

Maybe that's what the Holidays are all about; spending time doing things you love with those you love and ....letting the season spirit let you see the world through a youngster's eyes.

Best wishes to all for a Very, Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Angie and her Curly ones in Texas








2 comments:

  1. Itch with a B - never heard that one before, but I think I can figure it out. Angie, thank you for making me laugh, and I hope your husband is coming out to the ranch for Christmas so you can put that mistletoe to good use! Merry Christmas to you and yours, Angie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tour and memory share! And please tell Carson THANK YOU for serving and making it so myself and my band of fourfooted family members sleep soundly at night!

    ReplyDelete