Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Get a New Horse??

While out with Linus today a cousin/neighbour asked me if i had gotten a new horse. They too could not get over the changes and size in Linus. While we chatted Linus was trying to meet their dog who was barking at him.
We worked again today on leading manners and had a nice walk. Before we set off for our walk though I loaded him into the stock trailer. It had been a while and he was a bit reluctant at first to get on so I walked him away from it and drove his quarters away from me on both sides then went back to trailer and we both got on. He didn't want to stay on for long but I made him stand quietly and get off quietly. I was impressed that he did this because it was at the start of our outing when his energy level is highest. I knew he would get on with no questions once we got back....which is why I did it at the beginning!!
Linus was again even more respectful of me early on again today. But he seems to know now what I will and will not put up with. We had another really good in hand trot. These last two days have been much better with the traffic too. He hasn't been using it as an excuse to try to get away with anything. On our way back yesterday he wasn't even paying attention to traffic. Today, he would keep an ear on the cars approaching but never stepped out of line once. I don't know if we will get out for a walk tomorrow but maybe we will try some other activities...playing soccer together is REALLY fun!!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! The trip to town is looming closer and closer! Linus heard he had to not react to the traffic before he could go eplore the TOWN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, sounds like you have Linus' number! Donna, Linus IS looking pretty grown up and gorgeous, but you need to rope your husband into taking a picture of you and Linus together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, you're both right!! Linus is getting closer and closer to his trip through town. Susan, I was all set to ask the girls doing the mail route to take our picture yesterday but they were really late and we didn't meet them while out. We are long overdue for a "together" picture. Soon, I promise.

    ReplyDelete